Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Open Letter to the State of Massachusetts

Dear Massachusetts,

Can you read? I just ask because you can't really seem to pronounce your town names in a way that makes sense. You write, "Leominster" and pronounce "Lemon-ster." Then you read "Worcester" as "Wuss-ter?" Really? No one will be mad if you admit you can't read. We'll all support you in whatever way possible. I'll find a reading class with an opening and I'm sure we can find someone to give you rides if you can't get to your classes!

Just think about it, Mass, reading could change your life. Until you make a move, though, I'll just continue to pronounce "Gloucester" as "Gloss-ter" and "Palmer" as "Par-mer."

Sincerely,

CatStina

This post was inspired by a hilarious post on Hyperbole and a Half and my poor Finnish mother who can never pronounce town names in Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment