After such a serious post about the state of Pit Bull advocacy today, I thought it might be nice to lighten the mood with a Pet Post! Here's an update on my lovely pets, who I am going to miss so much while I am in Finland for the next two months!
Saxon is doing great. He's really smart. He sits, shakes, lays down, goes into his kennel on command and sometimes even stays on command. He still get's really excited when meeting people and we're working on keeping him from jumping up on people, but it's hard because he loves every person (and dog) he meets! He really hasn't met anyone or anything he doesn't love! He still pulls a bit on the walk sometimes, but we have been working with him and can usually walk with a pretty loose leash. He's doing much better in the car (he used to get carsick) and is actually starting to enjoy car rides now! He seems to think he's a lap dog (even though he weighs about 35lbs now!!) and likes to climb onto our laps when we're sitting at the table. He and the cats are getting along pretty well, though they get on one an other's nerves every once in a while. We got him neutered April 12th and finally got him registered yesterday so now he's official! All in all he's a great dog and a great fit for the family! Here are some pictures of him.
Saxon enjoying the car

Saxon playing with his Malamute friend, Juno

Saxon with Juno in the water
My 35lb Lap Dog!

Saxon and Bowie enjoying a sunbeam
Bowie is funny as ever. He is still obsessed with bottle caps and comes running whenever he hears the sound of a bottle cap dropping. He has moved on to fetching other things for us, though. He has fetched wrappers (which is usually Ziggy's turf) and even a racket ball. He still runs to greet me (by either sitting at my feet and head-butting my calf until I pick him up or stretching up on me and yawning) at the door whenever I've been gone for more than 5 minutes. He loves to cuddle with and groom his little sister and has even been seen grooming the Saxon's ears a couple of times! He's my lovable fat cat and I love him to bits! Here are some pictures of him.
Ziggy is still the only furry female in the house (us girls are outnumbered 3-2 but we still rule the roost). She loves to cuddle anyone and anything, except for Saxon who still surprises her every time she sees him (I think she forgets we have a dog sometimes). She wakes us up every morning with a tiny tongue licking our noses and motorboat purrs echoing in our ears, begging for her morning cuddles. She loves to "fetch" paper and wrappers. Her fetch usually consists of her bringing us a piece of paper to throw and then running around and playing with it for 5 minutes before getting bored and walking off. She is my precious little princess and I love her to bits! Here are a couple of pictures of her.
Ziggy being adorable

Ziggy on my bike
Ziggy behind the blinds
Ziggy sleeping on Bowie
Ziggy and Bowie cuddling
I am going to miss my pets so much while I'm away! I don't know what I'm supposed to do without them and my boyfriend to keep me company! I know that time will go by quickly and I will have a great time while I'm there, but it will still be tough to be away from them!
No comments:
Post a Comment